Subject: Re: Determining AGP / video card support in NetBSD
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-help@moderators.muc.de>
From: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/14/2002 00:11:12
Beaker wrote:

>  How DOES a user determine AGP support on NetBSD? I looked around in the
> 'supported hardware' section at http://www.netbsd.org/Ports but didn't
> see AGP mentioned.

NetBSD-current has AGP support in general.

man agp(4) mentions following chipsets

           -   ALI M1541 host-to-AGP bridge
           -   AMD 751 and 761 host-to-AGP bridges
           -   Intel 82810, 82810-DC100, 82810E, and 82815 SVGA
controllers
           -   SiS 5591 host-to-AGP bridge
           -   VIA

> A Google search pulled up a somewhat dated reference
> to a kernel module but again, I didn't find anything about an AGP module
> in the'Documentation' sections.

Support for video cards is X's problem. An exception is DRI which is not
supported by NetBSD at the moment.

BTW, man agp(4) looks a litte strange:

HISTORY
     The agp driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.1.  It was adopted in
     NetBSD 1.6.

NetBSD 1.5.2                  September 11, 2001