Subject: Re: set mtu on rtk
To: Julien Rampon <jtb@diantre.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/2002 05:37:05
> > Um, *I* can set the MTU on my ethernet interfaces (except an ne2 PCIMCIA
> > card in my laptop).  On the ne2, I can do a ``route change default -mtu
> > ...'' however, which seems to work just about as well.
>
> What's the model of your ethernet interface on which you can change the MTU?

I'd have to find the box to tell you.  One is a LinkSys, I think, using
the Lite-On clone chipset.  The other...I think is a SoHo-ware card; I
forget the chipset name.

> And for your ne2, I think it's the same problem as mine, because ne and rtk have
pratically the same chip (Realtek), exept you're on 10 baseT and me 100 baseTX. I t
hink it's a driver problem...

Um, no.  My card is a 10/100 card.  I haven't actually timed it doing
anything, but it's 100mbps light comes on when I'm on my home network.
(Though at the office, it is limited to 10mbps by the office LAN.)