Subject: Re: set mtu on rtk
To: village idiot <village_ldi0t@yahoo.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/2002 04:27:40
> you are probably right. Are you able to set it to all
> sizes smaller than 1500? Maybe they have to be a
> modulo of something? Earlier I think the sizes was
> 750?

I'm not at home at the moment.  But I'm sure that I've set it to 1000,
experimentally.

Again, I can't seem to set my ne PCIMCIA laptop adaptor at all.  It may be
a driver issue, a card issue, or a matter of each (and for all I know, the
lower bound may vary).

> Sorry that I probably was mistaken regarding the MTU's
> under ethernet. Does it improve latency and throughput
> when you resized the MTU for your purposes?

I don't really know.  I haven't benchmarked it.  I varied MTU's as a
workaround for an ipf/ipnat bug.  My home network doesn't pump that much
data around most of the time, so I don't care a whole lot about the
performance.  (My computers/cards are too fast for me to waste my time
eeking out more network performance just for li'l ol' me.  (^&)