Subject: Re: Emacs Package Question
To: None <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net, list-netbsd@xomit.de>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/12/2002 20:59:01
> $ emacs --help | grep "\-nw"
>  --no-windows, -nw           don't communicate with X, ignoring $DISPLAY

I just tried "emacs -nw" and "emacs --no-windows" and I still got the
message. I don't understand why pkg_add allowed me to do this when I don't
have X installed.

I'm frustrated with this, so I am considering removing Emacs and installing
from pkgsrc, as I currently have comp.tgz installed, but now I can't get sup
to work right. AHH! I set it up as recommended and I get this in response:

SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for system software at May 12 20:54:04
SUP: Can't find my host entry 'orsiros.net'

Orsiros.net is my computer.

Jeff Flowers