Subject: Pb with GTK apps and French l10N
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2002 15:23:56
Hi,

I'm using some GTK apps, like gkrellm, xmms, xcdroast, etc. all built
from pkgsrc (like gtk itself). All these packages are in sync with
latest pkgsrc tree.

These apps works ok, but i have big troubles with messages and menu
items when they're translated to my LC_MESSAGES locale (which is
'fr').

Witk gkrellm, for example, some messages/menu items doesn't appears at
all, making cryptic dialog boxes or menu

If i run "export LC_MESSAGE; gkrellm", these problems disappears... so
it seems my french support is broken in some way with GTK (i don't
have this problem with QT apps).

Problems are only when a 'export LC_MESSAGE=fr' is run before the app.

Anyone has experienced such a problem with a non english locale? Did i
missed something in my GTK install?
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1324480404 secondes