Subject: Re: checksum mismatch of a pkg
To: Andrea Rossignoli <netbsd@regnolombardoveneto.com>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2002 07:56:52
--- Andrea Rossignoli <netbsd@regnolombardoveneto.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> this is my first post and I admit that I'm totally
> new to NetBSD world.
>
> I installed NetBSD 1.5.2 from a release CD (
> complete install + X )
> Then I setup the network infos to connect the NetBSD
> to Internet via my
> local-area-network ( at my workplace ).
> All is ok.
>
> I decided to try to install some packages,
> so:
>
> a) I installed a new collection using
> ftp

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/Net...rrent/tar_files
> and then downloading
> pkgsrc.tar.gz
>
> b) installed them with
> tar -xzvpf pkgsrc.tar.gz -C /usr
>
> c) updated the pkg_tools using
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
> make install
>
> The above instructions were on chapter 8 of the
> guide of Mr Lupi.
>
> d) try to install apache using
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/www/apache
> make enable=most enable-shared=max
>
> The compilation was ok until I got this error:
>
> *****
> checksum mismatch for expat-1.95.2.tar.gz
> Make sure the Makefile and checksum file (
> /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/expat/distinfo ) are up to
> date.
> *****
>
> I have no idea If I'm doing something wrong or If
> I'm missing some steps.
>
> Thanx!
>
> -- Andrea
>
> p.s.
> uname -r
> 1.5.2

No, that appears to be a checksum mismatch. Maybe
someone changed the tarball and forgot to checksum it.
You may want to drop the author of that piece a note.
First download it manually with the checksum and try
to manually checksum it though...

Andy