Subject: checksum mismatch of a pkg
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andrea Rossignoli <netbsd@regnolombardoveneto.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2002 16:19:27
Hi,
this is my first post and I admit that I'm totally new to NetBSD world.

I installed NetBSD 1.5.2 from a release CD ( complete install + X )
Then I setup the network infos to connect the NetBSD to Internet via my
local-area-network ( at my workplace ).
All is ok.

I decided to try to install some packages,
so:

a) I installed a new collection using
ftp ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/Net...rrent/tar_files
and then downloading
pkgsrc.tar.gz

b) installed them with
tar -xzvpf pkgsrc.tar.gz -C /usr

c) updated the pkg_tools using
cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
make install

The above instructions were on chapter 8 of the guide of Mr Lupi.

d) try to install apache using
cd /usr/pkgsrc/www/apache
make enable=most enable-shared=max

The compilation was ok until I got this error:

*****
checksum mismatch for expat-1.95.2.tar.gz
Make sure the Makefile and checksum file (
/usr/pkgsrc/textproc/expat/distinfo ) are up to date.
*****

I have no idea If I'm doing something wrong or If I'm missing some steps.

Thanx!

-- Andrea

p.s.
uname -r