Subject: Re: FreeAmp & pthread
To: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2002 09:24:11
On Wednesday 08 May 2002 2:25 pm, Rui-Xiang Guo wrote:
> Hi, all.
> I tried to compile freeamp under NetBSD -current with pth.
> The build is bumb out during the linking stage.
> Here is the summarization:
[...]

> Is this because that pth not yet support c++?
> Hope someone could help me. ;)
> (Maybe I should just give up and use the linux_emul...)

It looks as though you or FreeAmp has defined _POSIX_THREAD_SYSCALL_SOFT.
When this is defined the pth pthread.h header will #define several things
like read, write, etc. This causes problems with c++ classes that have
members of those names. You may be lucky and have FreeAmp work without
_POSIX_THREAD_SYSCALL_SOFT.

I'm currently working on a "syscall-hard" version of pth that gives the same
effect as syscall-soft, but doesn't have the #defines problem.

Nick