Subject: Re: I should have reworded by DAT question...
To: None <frankd@iaw.on.ca>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/09/2002 17:40:54
   Is anybody out there successfully using a DAT drive with changer?

   We are putting our servers in a remote location and I don't want to drive
   30 minutes every day to change tapes.  :-)

   If you are having success with a certain brand, please let me know.

   Thanks
   Frank

   Frank DeChellis
   Internet Access Worldwide
   6 King Street    Welland, Ontario, Canada    L3B 3H9
   905-714-1400     fax 905-732-0524

   Visit my family's page                www.dechellis.iaw.com
   Visit my home town                    www.callwelland.com
   Visit the Niagara Region              www.regional.niagara.on.ca
   Visit my mother's town		      www.iaw.com/fossa

Although it is older, I use a Archive Python DDS2 with a Archive tape
changer attached to the front.  They probe like this:

st0 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <ARCHIVE, Python 28849-XXX, 4.CM> SCSI2 1/sequential removable
st0: drive empty
ch0 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 1: <ARCHIVE, Python 28849-XXX, 4.CM> SCSI2 8/changer removable
ch0: 4 slots, 1 drive, 1 picker, 0 portals

The DDS2 is a little small and I would like to replace it with a DLT of
some sort, but those tend to be quite expensive.

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]