Subject: How to contril rc scripts start order on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mr Mine Sakiyama <msakiyam@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/09/2002 12:25:00
Hello,
I am running NetBSD current (NetBSD 1.5ZC) as
NAT/firewall router using ipfilter. Recently I have
installed ACID and snort using mysql database. I have
created a simple snort start scrip and put it in
/etc/rc.d along with mysql.server scripts that came
with MySQL install. When the system starts, snort
always start before mysql and complains that it could
not connect to the mysql database. How can I configure
so mysql always start earlier than snort? I have  put
/usr/local/bin/snort -D -c /etc/snort.conf
in /etc/rc.local but thinking that rc.local excetes
after all the scripts in /etc/rc.d ran. I can start
snort no problem after the sysems comes up fully. I
have read bunch of articles and also documents but not
finding the right answer. Also I am not sure how to
use the rcorder directives such as REQUIRE:  and
PROVIDE: ..(where do I put them??)  If anyone could
give me an insights on this , I would greatfully
appriciate it..
thanks

Mine