Subject: Re: X and XTerm Questions
To: None <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net, reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/07/2002 18:47:08
> -fn
>
> (Or "font" and other font resources.)
>
> -fb
>
> (Or "boldFont" resource.)
>
> Like:
>
> xterm -fn -adobe-times-bold-i-normal--14-100-100-100-p-77-iso8859-1
>
> xterm -fn lucidasanstypewriter-12

Thanks for your help. Using the advice you gave, and some info I later
found on the Internet, I was able to figure this out. Since I use
X mainly for XTerms, this was very helpful.

Playing around, I found the following, pleasing, combination:

xterm -fn 7x13 -fb 7x13bold -fg white -bg black &

I found these fonts in the misc directory under /usr/X11R6/. I just
looked for fonts that listed as having a regular and bold version.

I had originally planned a console only system but after using
Putty to connect to my NetBSD machine at home, and seeing the
coolness of having a huge XTerm, which Putty emulates, I knew what
I had to do. :)

Thanks again,

Jeff Flowers
jeffrey@jeffreyf.net