Subject: RE: Comcast - web & mail
To: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
From: David Lawler Christiansen \(NT\) <davidchr@windows.microsoft.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/07/2002 11:50:39
Without getting into the tired dispute about HTML vs non-HTML mailers...

If the issue is one of bandwidth consumption or fitness for a large
list, why not get netbsd.org to filter or convert the HTML?  And/or
possibly send a civil message back to the sender that "netbsd-help does
not accept HTML email.  Your message has been converted to plaintext"?
This would get your message across without wasting anybody's time
educating the public.  It seems to be a recurring problem on this list,
so I'm frankly amazed nobody has devoted the time to solving it.

If the issue is one of standards-compliance, maybe you should alert the
authors that there's a bug in their implementation.  Bugs happen, and no
programmer can fix a bug of which he or she remains unaware.  For
example, if it's an MS product, hit one of the newsgroups and report the
problem. =20

My Humble Opinion
-Dave

-----
This message or posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily
constitute those of my employer.
I reside in Washington, USA, where Title 19 declares that sending me
Unsolicited Commercial Email can result in a $500 fine.
Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (spam and UCE) is
expressly prohibited unless by my explicit prior request.  I retaliate
viciously against spammers and spam sites.