Subject: Re: pcmcia question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/06/2002 00:02:28
On Sun, 05 May 2002 21:07:53 -0400 "J0hny Lightning"
<j0hnylightning@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have US Robotics Megahertz XJ1560 PCMCIA 56k modem card, and I am
> not sure if it is compatible with any of your supported PCMCIA devices,
> can you tell me if it is?

It looks like it is.  The mhzc driver supports "Megahertz Ethernet/Modem
combo cards".  I realize your card is only a modem, but mhzc supports both
the "com" and "sm" drivers, and "com" is a serial device.

I suggest downloading the boot floppies and booting them.  If you can't
tell from watching the bootup, you can exit the installation menu and
examine the output of "dmesg".  I think that will make it pretty plain.
HTH.

Cheers,
  --jkl