Subject: Re: Turn off message on tty login
To: Jonathan Neill <TYR124840@tyler.net>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/02/2002 11:20:20
On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 12:18:35AM -0500, Jonathan Neill wrote:
> Whenever I switch to another virtual terminal and login as root, all my
> other terminals echo "ROOT LOGIN ON" and then the name of the terminal. Any
> way to disable this?

Have a look at your /etc/syslog.conf. It contains the line:

*.err;kern.*;auth.notice;authpriv.none;mail.crit        /dev/console

If you remove the field "auth.notice" the messages will go away.

Oh yeah, you have to sighup syslogd to have it reread its
configuration: kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid` after the change.

-Martin