Subject: Re: Turn off message on tty login
To: Jonathan Neill <TYR124840@tyler.net>
From: village idiot <village_ldi0t@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/02/2002 02:09:16
Jonathan,

This irritated me aswell. But it is only when you
login as root (or an su from root to other) that this
happends, I think. Try logging in as something other
than root, then su to root.

Or better still, just make an id, put it in the wheel
group and you have root access on that. Using root as
regular user is not a good idea, all though I did it
myself for a year or so. Depends on what you use your
server for I guess.

Cheers!