Subject: Re: X11/FreeType: How to configure correctly?
To: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@steinba.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/01/2002 22:29:51
On Wednesday, 1. May 2002 15:29, Rui-Xiang Guo wrote:
> 1) Try to remove the fonts.alias files, maybe it is redundant for Western
> fonts.

This removes the aliasmonotype-* fonts from the list of available
fonts, so I cannot give a comparison.

> 2) Try 'xtt' module, to replace 'freetype' with 'xtt' in XF86Config file,
>    then run mkttfdir without --freetype option.

kdm starts very slowly; later when I start xfontsel or the KDE font
selection, the X server crashes.

> And could you please show me the output of this command?
> % ttfinfo monotype-arial.ttf

TT_Open_Face failed with 8 for file monotype-arial.ttf

I have no knowledge wrt X fonts, and so do not know what the
fonts.alias file is for; and why there are these aliasmonotype fonts
and all that...

Regards
    Ingolf