Subject: cvs [server aborted]: out of memory
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Armfield <murray.armfield@arconsulting.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/01/2002 18:05:43
Hi folks,
	I'm running a cvs server and I'm getting the above error when I try to check
out a module on the same machine. (ie server and client are the same
machine). The module has some big files in it, of the order of 50MB and they
are binary files. I have tried unlimit on the client side to no avail. Is
there some similar option for the server side in inetd.conf? The machine
_should_ handle the load as it has 1GB ram and 4GB of swap and the biggest
load it is currently experiencing is running KDE 2.2 from pkgsrc.

vmstat at just now...
prompt> vmstat
 procs   memory     page                       disks         faults      cpu
 r b w   avm   fre  flt  re  pi   po   fr   sr w0 w1 c0 f0   in   sy  cs us
sy id
 0 0 0 412928 515292  113   3   0    0    0    4  5  0  0  0  129 1398 207  2
 1 97

This is a NetBSD-current box from about a week ago.

All the suggestions I can find relate to memory/swap shortfalls. (Plus
comments about using files this big, but I have to... trust me.(There were
some bugs talked about in Sept 01))

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
	Murray Armfield