Subject: Re: Building NetBSD Packages
To: Jack Lloyd <lloyd@acm.jhu.edu>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/30/2002 17:57:16
On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 11:53:11AM -0400, Jack Lloyd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a FAQ of some sort as to how to build packages for NetBSD? I've
> never built any packages for *BSD, so I'm rather lost. I've "discovered"
> the packages(7) man page, which seems useful, but it's still all pretty
> unclear. A Google search didn't net me much (mostly docs on using
> packages), so I'm resorting to bothering people. Any help would be most
> appreciated.

If you are referring to the pkgsrc, NetBSD packages collection, then
starting at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html
might satisfy you. Also have a look at the manpages of the pkg_* utils
(pkg_add, pkg_info, pkg_delete, pkg_admin). the Packages.txt in the
/usr/pkgsrc directory (if you've extracted pkgsrc there) - or simply
in the toplevel of pkgsrc should give you all information needed to
build your own packages. There is also a little script available which
assists you in starting the basic stuff: url2pkg (pkgsrc/pkgtools)

hth, Martin