Subject: Re: Question about ftp.netbsd.org and mirrors
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/29/2002 11:45:01
From: "Andy R" <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
> I'd love to know what the hardware setup of it is, but
> I think that would imply support of a particualar arch
> and we wouldn't want to have that, would we!

I can't really see that the arch would make much of a difference.  The
secret to good download speeds is fast disks and fast network cards, the CPU
just orchestrates the transfers.  I dare say any system that can support a
hardware RAID card and multiple NICs should be able to do a good job.  Heck,
even a 486/68040/21064 should be able to saturate a T-3 with a couple of
100Mb NICs!