Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/29/2002 14:19:45
On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 01:54:36PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > > change the date in NetBSD:
> > > date ccyymmddhhmm
> > >
> > > e.g.:
> > > date 200204272205
> > > for Apr 27 22:06 2002
> >
> > This isn't a option bacause after every reboot I must
> > set time manualy or implement any kind of time client
> > like ntpdate or timed that I don't want.
>
> No. Once you change the date under NetBSD it will properly record the new
> date in BIOS *and* filesystem.

FWIW I think the system sets the rtc (ie BIOS time) as part of the
shutdown sequence.

I'm not sure where the 'file system time' is stored, but the
code that checks it is in sys/arch/i386/isa/clock.c

Playing with that code and rebuilding a kernel might be
informative :-)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk