Subject: PDF Printing
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Phillip Rulon <pjr@gnu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/25/2002 18:40:42
I'm trying to print a large (>1Mb) pdf file (multi-page).

$ lpr foo.pdf

reports that the 'copy file is to large'.  The lpr man page says
that 'If you try to spool too large a file, it will be truncated.'
without saying what 'too large' actually is.  I checked the docs
and mx=0 is supposed to shut this off but no joy.

Tried building LPRng in pkgsrc, builds fine, same problem.

Printing other, smaller, stuff works fine.

printcap looks like:
lp:\
           :cm=Local Deskjet(GhostScript):\
           :sd=/var/spool/lj1100:sf:sh:mx=0:\
           :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
           :if=/usr/pkg/libexec/magicfilter/ljet4l-filter:\
           :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

Is there a FAQ or HOWTO on NetBSD printing I've missed?

tks
pjr