Subject: Re: support for Ethernetcard
To: Christoph Eichin <c.eichin@web.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/23/2002 14:33:58
On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 10:38:43AM +0200, Christoph Eichin wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to use the smc ultra (87c790qf) isa with NetBSD? It's not listed in 'supported ISA devices'.
> Or can I use a different driver for it?

If this is an "SMC Elite Ultra" it is supported.  I have used these
for years.

From "man we" output:
NAME
     we - Western Digital/SMC WD80x3, SMC Elite Ultra, and SMC EtherEZ Ether-
     net cards device driver

SYNOPSIS
     we0 at isa? port 0x280 iomem 0xd0000 irq 9
     we1 at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xcc000 irq 10
     we* at mca? slot ?

DESCRIPTION
     The we device driver supports Western Digital/SMC WD80x3, SMC Elite Ul-
     tra, and SMC EtherEZ Ethernet cards.

I believe the jumper on the board can be moved to match one of the above
port / irq combinations so the board is usable by the INSTALL kernel.

-Andrew