Subject: Re: kernel options
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20020423T113654@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/23/2002 12:53:33
webmaster@datazap.net (webmaster@datazap.net) writes:
> Also, from what I have been able to read, mapped memory is usally set to 1
> or 4 gigs. However, mine is not. Although, it may be there is also some
> kind of limit put on how many mapped pages it can have at once. Using top
> to monitor it, Thttpd only uses about a 1/4 of the memory that I have on
> the system before there is a problem.

I normally see a per-process limit of just under 2 gigs (1.97e+09
bytes or 0x75b03001 bytes) for mmap-ed memory under netbsd-current.
Is that what you are seeing?

As an aside has anyone noticed that you can do a very large mmap() and
have it return success?

	ptr = mmap(NULL,	/* requested addr in our mem space */
		   0xfffffff0,  /* size of mapped area */
		   PROT_READ,	/* prot */
		   MAP_FILE,	/* flags */
		   fd,		/* fd */