Subject: What's the status of threading in -current?
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/22/2002 15:24:48
I'm porting most of my code (written for Solaris and
Linux) to NetBSD, including several applications that
use POSIX threads and/or RPC. I understand that pthreads
are going to be in 1.6, and looking at the manpage for
-current's rpcgen on the web I see that it supports the
-A flag that generates code to run each RPC call in a
separate thread.

If I switch to -current on my main machine, will pthread
support work 'out of the box', or is NetBSD using an
alternative threading API? Would I be better off using
the pth package with pthread emulation on 1.5.x?

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
cwareham@btinternet.com (home)