Subject: Installation Problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ralph Kube <ralph_kube@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/21/2002 15:42:58
Hello.
I experienced some strange problems when I tried to install NetBSD
1.5.2-i386. I booted it from cd, and started went through the installer.
After some time it prompted the error message:
        uvm_fault(0x573e2f0, 0x0, 0, 3) -> /
        kernel: page fault trap, code  = 0
Then the debugger prompt appeared.
I rebooted and restarted, only to come to the same result. It also
happens when I don't press any keys but just wait.
I can't imagine that the hardware is broken, because the same machine
ran linux perfectly. It also doesn't hang when running win32.

Hardware setup:
Asus P5A (ALI M1541 A1 Chipset)
K6-2 350 MHz
64 MB SDRAM