Subject: tcpdump or ethereal
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Herzog <mherzog@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2002 20:54:52
I'm getting mixed results with Junkbuster, the proxy that filters out banner
ads. Junkbuster goes zombie if a machine on my internal network tries to use
it. So I decided I might learn something different if I installed Junkbuster
on the internal machine. It behaves fine as a local proxy.

So then I wanted to figure out how to add hostnames to the file that junkbuster
uses to block sites and dirs on sites.  It seems to be able to use either IP
addresses or hostnames.  Since I can catch a fleeting glimpse of the hostnames
of the ad servers in Netscape, I thought it would be easy to get tcpdump or
ethereal to print only the names of the remote servers I was hitting. Of
course it isn't. Well, not for me.

So all I really want is a way to see all the fqdns of all the servers I hit
with my browser. I'm open to using anything in pkgsrc that will accomplish this.

--
Matthew Herzog