Subject: thttpd, and mmemory
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: webmaster@datazap.net <webmaster@datazap.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2002 14:50:24
Hi All,

I am running thttpd-2.21-p.14 on NetBSD-1.5.2. The hardware is a 68060@50
mhz with 128 megs of ram. I am now receiving about 2.3 million hits
every 10 days ( http://www.datazap.net/analog/ )

Anyway, I seem to have a problem with thttpd giving error 500. I emailed
the thttpd group and they said that it was because that I was running out
of "mmemory". The funny thing is that I can't find any docs on "mmemory',
and I was wondering if "mmemory" is mapped memory? (Also, thttpd does
something else that I don't understand it is able to go above the max
memory process limit.)

What I would like to know is:

1. What is "mmemory"?

2. Is there a kernel option for it?

I have tried searching google for some answer on the thttpd site, and on
the NetBSD site, but I still have yet to find a solution to my problem. If
any one has ideas I am listening.

Thanks for all your help,
Al