Subject: Re: inquiry
To: Thomas Mueller , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2002 22:03:52
No PPP has been available in the INSTALL systems that I've used, I think.

SLIP *is* in there.  If you really want to do this install-by-FTP, you
might ask your provider if they support SLIP.  (They probably don't, but
they might.)

I suspect that at 56Kbps, you're better off manually FTP'ing the files
with mget to a local system, and using them from there, (or simply get a
CD) if you can.  If for some reason you need/want to re-run the install, a
dial-up connection is just not going to be any fun for re-installing.