Subject: Re: inquiry
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2002 19:36:26
I read the NetBSD installation directions, even downloaded the file for ready
reference, but was unclear about what kind of Internet connection would be
usable for FTP install, and how such a connection would be established using
the limited-function installation kernel.  I don't think there was any PPP,
nor PPPoE.  Maybe cable connection only, or other LAN?

I think I could use either boot floppies or DOSBOOT from DR-DOS 7.03 without
a way to connect via PPP on the installation kernel, I'd be afraid of an
interruption in the connection, perhaps being kicked off the FTP server after a
certain time limit.  But before doing a huge download, I'd want to verify that
the installation and generic kernels both boot without glitches such as
pckbc: command timeout.