Subject: Re: Beginner C Programming Questions
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2002 15:03:19
On April 19, 2002 12:56 pm, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> -Wall, if I remember right, forces strict ANSI compliance, correct? (My C
> books are at home and I am at work). I don't think I've heard of -Werror.

-Werror causes warnings to stop the compile as if the warnings were errors.
I use it all the time with a number of warnings turned on:

CFLAGS =    -O2 -ansi -pipe -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith \
            -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes \
            -Wformat -Wmissing-prototypes -funsigned-char \
            -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib \
            -Dscanf=DONT_USE_SCANF -Dgets=DONT_USE_GETS \
            -Werror

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/