Subject: Re: Fw: Email Query from Contact Us Website
To: Lloyd Lowe <lloydl@cat.co.za>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2002 02:21:50
On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Lloyd Lowe wrote:

> I am looking for some help with pppd. Can you end me in a direction than
> could provide me with some help. I am setting up a leased line and keep
> getting a LCP[260]: timeout error.

You probably want to set the "silent" option on one end. That'll make
it wait patiently for the other end to initiate a connection by
sending an LCP packet, as when pppd first comes up on that end, or
when it tries to send a TCP packet with the "demand" option set.
Otherwise, you'd have to start both pppd's at almost exactly the same
time. Either end could be the initiator. It's all the same once it
comes up.

Frederick