Subject: how to log/trace attempted NFS file access ???
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John Refling <johnr@imageworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/2002 11:35:33
I have a piece of hardware for which I have no
documentation (what ??? !!!) which I am trying
to get to netboot itself from my netbsd sparc box.

By examining the log of things like rarpd, tftpd,
and rpc.bootparamd I have slowly made this thing
get to the point of nfs mounting a root partition.

Now I need to figure out what files it is trying
to access on the root partition so that I can
populate it.

Is there some logging that can be turned on to
record these attempted file accesses?

I have tried looking at tcpdump as well as a ktrace
on nfsd with no luck (well, not much was ever recorded
in the ktrace log file, it was always 50 bytes long).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.