Subject: Compiling NetBSD on other OS's.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/13/2002 13:16:47
It was alleged that I could compile the NetBSD world on something
other than a NetBSD system. My current NetBSD 'development'
system (a Laptop) is going into the shop for repar, and at the
moment the 'easiest' replacement is to use one of the FreeBSD
machines that I have had up and running for a couple of years.
On one FreeBSD machine I have 3.3 running, on the other I
upgraded to 4.4 .

NetBSD build.sh seems to fail trying to build the netbsd-tools set,
and at the particular point seems to expect an 'endian.h' file somewhere
where FreeBSD environment doesn't have it.

The simple question is, has anyone had success in building on other
systems, and if so, what minor tweek needed to be done to get the
thing to go.

As a test, I build the world on the development system successfully,
so the cvs sources that I downloaded don't seem to have any inherent
brokenness.

Thanks
John Clark