Subject: Re: I'm a Xwindow Fool!
To: village idiot <village_ldi0t@yahoo.com>
From: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/11/2002 17:00:27
for x4.2.x, i like xf86cfg.  if you don't have an XF86Config file, it'll do
some autodetecting and write a default one.  then with some minor tweaking
you should be good to go.

xf86config is a text-based config util, which allows more fine-grained
tweaking (or maybe i just haven't found the options in xf86cfg ;-), but if
you don't know your hardware, use xf86cfg, look at the XF86Config it
produces, then if you're not happy with the config, use xf86config or
manually tweak the file yoruself.

--joe