Subject: Swap over NFS
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jack Lloyd <lloyd@acm.jhu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/2002 14:45:32
Hey,

I've got a diskless machine with 64 megs of memory. I've set up swap as
shown in the diskless howto, but I've seen high-memory applications (mostly
gcc) die with OOM errors. I configured something like 200 megabytes of
swap, and I would be amazed if GCC were using 250+ megs of memory (in this
particular case), so I'm really kind of confused. Is there some way I can
find out if swap working? Should I switch to using a swap file perhaps? (I
am currently using a partition, though of course it's just a file on the
NFS server's side).

Thanks,

Jack