Subject: Re: unable installing netbsd on laptop
To: None <xs@kittenz.org>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/2002 18:35:00
> Hi!

Hi :-)

> on Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:02:29AM +0200, Mipam wrote:
> > vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Mobility 1" rev 0x64
> > wsdisplay0 at vga1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> > wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> > cbb0 at pci0 dev 4 function 0 "Texas Instruments PCI1225 PCI-CardBus" rev 0x01: irq 11
> > cbb1 at pci0 dev 4 function 1 "Texas Instruments PCI1225 PCI-CardBus" rev 0x01: irq 11
> [...]
> > "Intel 82371AB Power Mgmt" rev 0x03 at pci0 dev 7 function 3 not configured
>
> I'm not sure how relevant this is, probably not. But what version of NetBSD
> were you trying? NetBSD 1.5.2 didn't work in much the same way as you have
> described on my laptop, but the code now in netbsd-1-5 and -current does.
> haya@ fixed this. (many thanks to haya for this)
>
> See http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=14149

Thanks for your answer
This is actually relevant, i tried this with netbsd-1.5.2 bootdisks.
The problem actually is with the networkcard which is inserted.
Its the 3C575C-TX as i told earlier.
With the proper netbsd bootdisks, all is seem nicely,
however, it's impossible to work with the network card for
it produces timeouts as sooon as you try to do anything with it.
When the networkcard is seem in the cardbus and is initialized you hear a loud
click. The soundcard and cardbus/networkcard are both shared on irq 11.
I dont think that works nicely :-(
So i cant work with netbsd on this armada laptop for you cant work with
the networcard for timeouts are reported as soon as you try anything with
the network card.
Bye,

Mipam.