Subject: Two Questions: USB Harddrives, and FireWire Support?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Randelhoff <markr@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/2002 10:26:56
Hi All

Just two queries - firstly, are USB hard drives supported under NetBSD? If so, from which
version? We have a working USB CD Writer under NetBSD 1.5.1, but we got hold of a Maxtor
USB IDE drive. When we plugged it in, it was recognised as sd0 at umass0:1:0 - does this
sound correct: an IDE drive recognised as sd0? (I assume it is because the usb does some
sort of scsibus attach...)

Second question: we are looking into Maxtor's new Firewrite/IEEE1394 IDE drives - what is
the status of Firewire support for netbsd-current, and netbsd 1.5.1?

Many thanks
 Bruce Martin