Subject: Command for switching wscons/resume from hibernation w/X help?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Daishi Harada <daishi@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/06/2002 03:04:03
Hi,

I have hibernation mostly working on a Thinkpad X20 under 1.5.3_RC1
using GENERIC_LAPTOP. The one problem that I have, however, is that on
resuming from hibernation, if I was in X, the video is messed up -
presumably the hibernation process doesn't properly save/reload the
video ram.

The simple but tedious fix when resuming is to always switch to a
console, and switch back to X. I was hoping to automate this process
via the /etc/apm scripts, but I can't seem to find a command which
will perform this switch for me. The Linux command for what I want is
chvt - is there a corresponding command in NetBSD?

Alternatively, would anyone have suggestions on how to refresh the
video memory on resuming from hibernation?

Also, this is somewhat orthogonal to the main issue, but I noticed
that "suspend" and "hibernation" (in Thinkpad speak) both activate
/etc/apm/suspend; is there a way to distinguish between the two
requests?

Thanks,