Subject: how to use Abiword with spell check? (everything is mispelled)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/05/2002 08:33:14
I installed abiword via pkgsrc (using Makefile,v 1.44).

All the words are underlined with red line. I keep a real dictionary at
my side, so I know that not all my words were spelled wrong :)

And when I use "Check Spelling" it shows all my words are mispelled and
doesn't even show any possible replacements (other than "?").

abiword via pkgsrc depends on
ispell-base-[0-9]*:../../textproc/ispell-base

I have ispell-base-3.1.20nb1.
International Ispell Version 3.1.20 10/10/95

(I have used abiword off and on for over two years; I can't rememeber if I
noticed this before. I guess this issue may be more appropriate for a
abiword forum, but I believe it may be NetBSD related.)

I want to continue to use "Auto spellcheck" -- but I want it to work.

In the spelling Preferences, it has a choice "Suggest from main dictionary
only" that is grayed out (and unselectable).

And it has a drop down menus for "Custom Dictionary" that say "custom.dic"
and "Dictionary..." that are also grayed out and unavailable.

Does anyone use this abiword under NetBSD?

Any ideas on how to make the spell checking work?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/