Subject: Re: zoneinfo info
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/05/2002 04:29:26
At 1:46 AM -0600 4/5/02, Dave Huang wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
>>  At any rate, the user is in Reunion Island. They're UTC+4, and there
>>  is no observance of daylight savings time (summer time). In previous
>
>What about Indian/Reunion?
>
># Reunion
># Zone  NAME            GMTOFF  RULES   FORMAT  [UNTIL]
>Zone    Indian/Reunion  3:41:52 -       LMT     1911 Jun        # Saint-Denis
>                         4:00    -       RET     # Reunion Time

To help anyone else reading the archives, Dave pointed me to:

I'll assume that the
>  Rules are what tells it about DST

Yeah, if the Rules column is "-", that timezone is always on standard
time. The zic(8) manpage has the details...

>  I gotta ask what you use to be able to read it like that instead of:

That was from the timezone source files, which get compiled into binary
using the zic utility:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/sharesrc/share/zoneinfo/

I would like to make a request that zic(8) be added to at minimum the
tzfile(5) page's SEE ALSO section (I'll make the request more
official within the next week unless I hear that it's being done or
won't be done). I had cross-referenced numerous manpages and their
SEE ALSO sections in my attempt to find the answer to this before
coming to the list, but zic was nowhere to be found in them.

Thank you for your time,
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.