Subject: Re: Really annoying package situation
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/01/2002 12:18:50
On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 06:27:33PM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:

> some package along the way may fail to build cleanly.  Then you can be
> left with many of your more valued packages de-installed.

Has anyone thought of changing the way make update works, and moving
the pkg_delete part until after the compile is finished? I do this by
hand (been caught out by this too many times with no daemon to server
users)

so instead of:
pkg_delete -> make install
you get:
make -> pkg_delete -> make install

At the moment I just `make && make update` to be safe.

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com
 http://rubberduck.com/pgp.txt