Subject: Re: $20+ for routing answer?
To: Ricardo R. Sugawara Junior <ricardorsj@uol.com.br>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/2002 22:41:02
Ricardo,

You are my hero, man! Send me your picture. I'll put it
on the altar next to my other "guru's".

Anyway, you surely earned the $20. I'll send it and
gladly. Here is why:

The "kzo" stands for Kalamazoo, MI, USA (where I am
today). The "ah" stands for Auburn Hills, MI, USA (where
I must be tomorrow). Now I can take the AH box with me
and set it up, saving a trip. It is normally a 5-hour
round trip. I hate driving anytime. (The motorcycle is
wintering in the garage.) And tonight a mini blizzard is
due in.

So... Shoot me your address, man. I insist, really. I'll
find some way to sneek $20 into my expense report,
mileage or something...

Those two things together were it. I was for some reason
stating the IP numbers backwards on at least half of my
tries. And the "proxyarp" did not occur to me.

I will FULLY document this set up for my HOW-TO page.

Thanks,

Gan

See ATTACHMENT for GIF of revised diagram with routing
info. (Any chance the GIF will stay in the archive?)

--
Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _

Newbie-2-Newbie NetBSD Unix How-To Pages at...
http://om-ah-hum.com/share/gus_netbsd_index.html