Subject: Re: favorite NetBSD audio applications
To: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/2002 08:19:52
Ripping:

/usr/pkgsrc/audio/abcde

This is just a script front end for cdparanoia and
lame or vorbis for the encoding. It works pretty well
for me. I use vorbis now (.ogg instead of .mp3) for
encoding. However, I still think the coolest mp3
encoder is gogo, but you already have to have the wav
files for it. abcde takes care of everything for you.

Listening:

/usr/pkgsrc/audio/gqmpeg

Uses mpg123, but it's a nice interface, standard gtk
stuff. I never could get xmms to work for whatever
reason. I like it better, but gqmpeg is not bad.

Andy