Subject: dhcp problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/2002 14:19:20
--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

Hi,

I got several problems configuring machines to work allright with dhcp.
Configuring a machine to work with static ip is infinitly much more
easy then with dhcp. Several issues:

/etc/hosts (what should be in there, for the hostname is different
each time another ip has been obtained.
/etc/myname (same story, what do i put in there, for now it contains
a name which doesnt exist)
I got continuesly problems with names which i made up myself
and do not exist ... i dont know how to remedy this.

If i put in my dhclient.conf this:

send host-name "notnice.mydomain.com";
supersede domain-name "mydomain.com";

what will happen? and it confuses me a bit
when having after these statements a request for domain-name and
host-name.

We dont need an ifconfig.* or a mygate in /etc
I created a dhclient.conf, any suggestions to that file as well?
Bye,

Mipam.

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

	timeout			60;
	retry			60;
	reboot			10;
	select-timeout		5;
	initial-interval	2;
	#reject			192.168.42.1;
					# my internal interface

	interface "fxp0" {		# my external interface
		send dhcp-client-identifier 00:d0:b7:a0:bf:8d;
		send	dhcp-lease-time		3600;
		request	subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
			domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;
		require	subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
		script	"/etc/dhclient-script";
		media "media 100BaseTX mediaopt full-duplex";
	}

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--