Subject: Re: FORTRAN compilier question....
To: Sung N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Andreas Kahari <ak@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/26/2002 13:39:41
On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 07:17:14PM +0000, Sung N. Cho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know that if the FORTRAN compiler that ships with NetBSD
> 1.5x via GNU project is FORTRAN 77 or FORTRAN 90?  I know to compile a
> fortran program one invokes f77 command, but I'm not sure what the
> actual version is.
[cut]

It is Fortran 77.  The executable is, I believe, called 'g77'
(with hard links called 'f77' and 'fort77').  There is a GNU
Fortran 95 project at "http://g95.sourceforge.net/", but the
compiler isn't usable yet.

The the on-line manual g77(1) states:

       The C and F77 compilers are integrated; g77 is a program
       to call gcc with options to recognize programs written in
       Fortran (ANSI FORTRAN 77, also called F77).

--
Andreas Kähäri
There is no place like home, http://freeshell.org/