Subject: Re: Mice, KVM, and X, oh my!
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2002 23:11:07
In message <003701c1be81$abbf8ac0$6601a8c0@attbi.net>, "Tracy Nelson" writes:
>What kind of KVM switch do you have?  I'm using a Belkin OmniCube 4-port,
>and I've never had a problem like you describe.  However, if I accidentally
>unplug my mouse, then reconnect, it isn't available on any system connected
>to the switch.  Does your KVM provide phantom kbd/mouse signals to system
>that aren't selected?  Which version of the X server are you using?

XF86 4.2.0.  It's a reasonably recent Belkin "Omniview SOHO".  It supposedly
provides phantom kbd/mouse signals.

As a data point, my Mac (which is connected via a PS/2<->USB adapter) is
still able to use the scroll wheel, so I'm not just randomly losing the
more complicated protocol; more interestingly, restarting X fixes things.

-s