Subject: Problems with a Hauppauge WinTV
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2002 20:04:36
I've got a Hauppauge WinTV PCI that is detected as a:

bktr0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at irq 9
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44354 C221
bktr0: Detected a MSP3415G-B8 at 0x80
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1216 PAL FM tuner, msp3400c stereo, remote control.
radio0 at bktr0

(Works fine in windows, btw).

In NetBSD the TV picture is okay, and the radio is okay, but the sound from the
TV is totally distorted. If I listen really carefully I can just about tell
that the sound is coming from the channel that I'm getting the picture for.

I've tried plugging some headphones right into the TV card, so I know the
sound card isn't at fault.

I'm using fxtv, in the UK (South Wales). With the following startup options:

fxtv -inputFormat pal -tunerMode antenna -defaultInput tuner -defaultAudioInput auto -defaultChannel 23 -antennaFreqSet weurope -mixerChannel mic -remoteType Hauppauge

Does anyone have some .Xresources for starting fxtv correctly in the UK?

Thanks in advance,

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk