Subject: Router Help
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James Robinson <james.robinson@arcconsulting.biz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2002 22:24:30
I have a small problem with connecting Remote Site with a default gateway
172.20.1.1 outside the router’s (NetBSD box) subnet. With a Cisco
implementation of VSLM we can connect but we wish to use a NetBSD 1.5.2 box
to perform this function. We have 12 sites being put into production using
satellite technology and we do not want to purchase 12 routers.

Machine Address 10.10.1.100
Mask 0xffff0000
Gateway 172.20.1.1

The default gateway is in another subnet from the router’s fa0/0 360
interface network. In order for the router to forward packets to the default
gateway 172.20.1.1 the following recursive route is required:

ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.20.1.1
ip route 172.20.1.1 255.255.255.255 FastEthernet0/0

Could anyone help with the route commands to duplicate this for NetBSD
1.5.2.

Regards,

James Robinson
james.robinson@arcconsulting.