Subject: Re: Apache
To: Cecil Eduardo Campos Costa <cecilcosta@yahoo.com>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2002 05:06:43
--- Cecil Eduardo Campos Costa <cecilcosta@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hello, I know that  it's the NetBSD support and not
> the apache support,
> but maybe someone can help me with my problem.
> I installed the apache with netbsd (the binaries
> files), and I've
> already configured the httpd.conf, the srm.conf and
> the access.conf but
> when I try to make a connection I have the following
> problem:
> [alert] mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname("")

Think host lookup. Either the host name(s) in your
httpd.conf file are wrong, or it can't figure out what
the names are from what you put in there, even if they
are correct. If you are using the host name of the
machine (and not a virtual one), maybe an entry in
/etc/hosts will help? Sorry, I'm not the super-expert,
but I've set up apache a few times and I don't
remember what I did to fix that the last time I got
it.

Andy