Subject: Re: i386 PCMCIA - Howto
To: Paul Doyle <paul@mcmadd.net>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/23/2002 17:47:41
On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 05:38:26PM -0000, Paul Doyle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed netbsd i386, on an AST Ascentia Laptop.
> I have a 3COM 3c589 PCMCIA card.
>
> I want to be able to set it up, but I don't know where I can find netbsd specific info.  I don't even know whether the kernel supports it or not.

The kernel for the latest release of NetBSD (1.5.2) does support it.
If you look at the bootup output, using dmesg, you should see it listed as

ep0 at pcmcia0

or somesuch

> Can anyone give me a pointer for info, a howto or something that is well written.  All the ones I have looked at so far are either dead links [really annoying], or don't answer my question from a set up.

The NetBSD Networking documentation can be found at:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/

> Please help so I don't have to go and install RedHat or something.  Netbsd looks small fast and cool.

It is!

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk